This month, we are happy to feature Annie Ifill, our Director of BRIDGES at Belle Glade.
We celebrate Annie for all the hard work, team building and community collaborations she has accomplished since joining us in 2018. In November, Annie will be leaving BRIDGES and joining Healthier Glades as their director. While we will miss her at our BRIDGES site, she will still be an integral partner and a part of our BRIDGES system work in her new position.
Thank you Annie!
Before she leaves, we asked her to tell us about her job at BRIDGES and what she liked most about working for us.
1) Describe your job at BRIDGES.
To oversee the day-to-day operations of the BRIDGES at Belle Glade Site and promote our vision to empower families and build connections to better the Glades communities.
2) Why did you decide to work at BRIDGES?
I always believed in the mission of BRIDGES and volunteered in various activities and events (Community Baby Shower and Dialogue to Change) prior to being hired. When the position became open, I saw it as a second chance since I applied previously.
3) What do you enjoy most about your job?
- The community
- The staff
- The BRIDGES Members
- The impact that BRIDGES at Belle Glade has in the community
4) How are you making a difference in the lives of BRIDGES families?
Creating opportunities for members to build their capacity to better their families and the community.
5) What do you hope families gain from attending BRIDGES activities?
A sense of pride and connectedness.
6) Tell us about yourself.
I was born and raised in Belle Glade and a proud graduate of Glades Central Community High School. I continued my education at Florida State University and came back home to give back to the community that gave so much to me.
7) Tell us something that we do not know about you?
- I am a sports fanatic and played sports in high school
- Love volunteering in the community
- Love seafood