Kindness — it’s the act of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
BRIDGES is focusing on kindness in January. As you may know, kindness has many benefits including increased happiness and a healthy heart. It even slows down the aging process.
Sometimes we forget how easy it is to spread good vibes around us. It just takes three seconds to put someone else in a better mood through simple gestures.
Here’s a handful of random acts of kindness (courtesy of happyologist.co.uk):
- Hold the door open.
- Give an honest compliment.
- Thank someone who you appreciate.
- Be a good listener.
- Offer your help to someone.
- Ask the person who’s serving you how their day is going.
- Treat someone to a coffee or tea.
- Let someone go past you in the grocery line.
- Send flowers or chocolates to a friend out of the blue.
Need more examples? Check out this website.
Practice kindness daily. It’s good for you and our community!
(Photo credit: Inc)