BRIDGES summer reading is here!
Starting in June, BRIDGES Facebook page will post daily summer reading tips for you and your family. The tips will provide your family with different activities to keep the children’s brain going during the summer. We look forward to seeing all you and your family do this summer. We will be working together as a group for six weeks.
The primary objective of the BRIDGES Summer Reading is to provide families with information and resources that will support their child’s learning at home to enhance students’ academic success.
Week 1: Storytelling and Oral Language Development
Week 2: Digital Week- FABULOUS FLORIDA!
Week 3: Reading – Why is it Important?
Week 4: Game Time!
Week 5: The Reading and Writing Connection
Week 6: Bring a Book to Life
Sessions will be for 60 minutes, virtual or at the BRIDGES site.
- daily posting on Facebook (Monday-Friday), focusing on the week’s topic
- will host one weekly SRP workshop, either virtually or in person
- topics for weekly workshops will be as referenced in schedule
- provide support to families
- will complete the activities posted on Facebook, share weekly activities with BRIDGES (via Facebook)
- you are encouraged to attend all sessions so as to receive the full benefits of the program
- meet individually (one time) with Child Development Specialist
Our libraries continue to offer many resources! You can borrow materials, attend events
(on line/in person), and access online resources.
Important! The Palm Beach County Library System is reopening with limited services while also working to ensure the safety and health of our members, staff and the community.
Please call or see your local library’s website to confirm the current schedule and services.